Thursday, July 17, 2014

You really don't need more stuff

*Source: http://www.babble.com/baby/how-moving-to-new-york-city-turned-me-into-a-minimalist/


How Moving to New York City Turned Me into a Minimalist
by Lauren Jimeson

"With the lack of space, it didn’t take me long to learn that we didn’t need most of the “stuff” that I thought we did when we lived in our house in Tampa. I decluttered not only our apartment, but most things in our life.. I kept only the things that I knew I would be able to use later on. My life soon went from “I need this product” to “I don’t need much.” For the first time in my life, I was learning the true value of simplicity — and I loved it."

As I look at the few items I have moved from my 465 sq ft apartment into my 1,594 sq ft house and feeling pressured to start buying "better decor," I needed this article to help remind me that I'm doing just fine.  My family still loves me whether I have fancy new furniture or not and whether half my cupboards are still bare.  Going to throw out the 5 different household ads I received today right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment